POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Baffling (Message 137 to 146 of 216)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Baffling
Date: 27 Apr 2010 15:12:03
Message: <4bd73703$2@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> really?

Really. I worked across the hall from the guys inventing it.

The signals from ADSL are about 1% the strength of the signals from voice.
There's no connection there other than you to the line card. That's why you
can still talk on the phone when you have ADSL.

(Now, without appropriate filters, maybe nowadays you can hear the ADSL. And
it's doing things vaguely modem-like. But only over the wire. By the time it
gets to the switch, it's on a separate path already.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)