POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 28 Apr 2010 09:25:01
Message: <4bd8372d$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/27/2010 11:15 AM, Darren New wrote:

> Seriously, I don't have ethernet *everywhere*. I couldn't do
> surround-sound speakers over ethernet. Wireless maybe, but not ethernet.
>
> I told them to put an ethernet wire from the closet to each phone jack.
> I should have said from the closet to each cable TV box as well.

How times change. I remember back when I had my house built (Shame I'm
not in that house anymore, but its all for the better) I requested a
phone jack near the entertainment center (I did have the living room
wired for 5.1 surround.

Now with internet-ready consoles and blue-ray players it makes perfect
sense to have ethernet wired to the entertainment center as well. I
wanted to wire the house for ethernet, but the builder didn't supply it,
and wouldn't allow it. But that was no big deal. I think the next house
I wind up in will likely be an existing home rather than a new build
since most of the new homes are now too far out of the way for us, so it
could be interesting to wire some extended services into an existing home.

--
~Mike