POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Apr 2010 04:08:54
Message: <4bd7ed16$1@news.povray.org>
>> Hard to believe but apparently true. Something fishy in our brain. Jan
>> Koenderink, who was giving the talk, is trying to figure out why.
>
> Perhaps something similar to line perception where we overestimate acute
> angles and underestimate obtuse ones.

My mother believes she can sing. Even though she's actually about a
fifth to a third flat. The result sounds truly *horrible*! You'd think
she could hear the difference, but no...

She also claims to be unable to tell the difference between major and
minor chords, which is impressive given the vast, world-alering
difference between the two.