POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How to do I create "real" interior textures (for logs, etc.)? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  How to do I create "real" interior textures (for logs, etc.)? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: TC
Subject: How to do I create "real" interior textures (for logs, etc.)?
Date: 14 Mar 2010 18:42:36
Message: <4b9d665c$1@news.povray.org>
How do I create a log-like interior that works with CSG?

Create a cylinder with a log-like texture, make a CSG cut at 45 degrees with
intersection, receive a properly textured log.

- "texture" does not work for me - and it should not if I understand the
concept right.
- "interior_texture" should not work either, it should be only a texture
painted on the inside of a surface
- "media" has no texture  (or am I wrong)

So how can it be done? A link would suffice.

Somebody is bound to have asked about this already, but I just can't find a
proper reference. So I posted here, where it should be least offensive.

Post a reply to this message