POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : American vs. European government systems Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  American vs. European government systems (Message 24 to 33 of 43)
From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: American vs. European government systems
Date: 26 Feb 2010 22:54:37
Message: <4b88977d@news.povray.org>
On 02/25/10 14:55, Darren New wrote:
> It just wouldn't get enforced. The federal government has no forces to
> do that other than the military, and a fairly recent poll (like a few
> years ago) asked "would you assist in wide-spread confiscation of
> firearms from US citizens" of the general soldiers and about 70% said
> they wouldn't.

	While I tend to agree, I wouldn't put any stock into that poll. Find
soldiers (of any country) who've done nasty things, and I'm sure most of
them would have years earlier said and believed that they wouldn't do it
even if ordered to.

--
If you ate pasta and antipasta, would you still be hungry?

Post a reply to this message