POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding in ___ is like ___ Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Coding in ___ is like ___ (Message 11 to 20 of 66)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Coding in ___ is like ___
Date: 25 Feb 2010 22:15:40
Message: <4b873cdc$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/25/2010 05:20 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> http://web.mit.edu/~axch/www/writing_rant.html
>
> He missed "Pseudocode", which I'd write as:
>
> Coding in pseudocode is like a metaphor.

I like it! (although given your sentence construction shouldn't that be
"simile", or alternatively "Coding in pseudocode is a metaphor"?)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 25 Feb 2010 23:03:26
Message: <4b87480e$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> How have you liked C# so far?

I do. I've been using it on and off from early on.

> I last tried it when it was a pretty new
> language and it came across as a slightly altered version of Java,

Well, at first glance it looks like that, but deeper in it has a whole lot
of good stuff Java doesn't. Until you start going into complex stuff, it's
just "Java, fixed."  Once you start trying to do something difficult (like
access to native languages, deployment, web scripts, generating code at
run-time, etc) it's way better.

> imagine it's changed a fair bit since then.

Indeed it has. C# 1.0 was sort of "Java, improved."  C# 3.x by now has all
kinds of goodies in it that Java lacks.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not

Post a reply to this message