POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding in ___ is like ___ : Re: Coding in ___ is like ___ Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding in ___ is like ___
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Feb 2010 23:03:26
Message: <4b87480e$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> How have you liked C# so far?

I do. I've been using it on and off from early on.

> I last tried it when it was a pretty new
> language and it came across as a slightly altered version of Java,

Well, at first glance it looks like that, but deeper in it has a whole lot
of good stuff Java doesn't. Until you start going into complex stuff, it's
just "Java, fixed."  Once you start trying to do something difficult (like
access to native languages, deployment, web scripts, generating code at
run-time, etc) it's way better.

> imagine it's changed a fair bit since then.

Indeed it has. C# 1.0 was sort of "Java, improved."  C# 3.x by now has all
kinds of goodies in it that Java lacks.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not