POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? Server Time
18 May 2024 17:51:55 EDT (-0400)
  Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? (Message 21 to 30 of 65)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much?
Date: 27 Jan 2010 19:11:39
Message: <4b60d63b$1@news.povray.org>
You know, I'm not sure on the State of the Union address - I had
completely spaced it.  Will have to check it out.

It sounded like he was going to freeze spending.

I've said to some of my conservative friends that I wish that Obama would
do a little of what Bush did - just do what he thinks is right and don't
care what other people think - especially those on the other side.

At least that way, those of us who are on the left could have some of the
things we want instead of trying to negotiate for everything.

Part of the problem, though, is the Democratic Party has such a broad
base, the representation ranges from centrist to progressive - and they
can't agree on anything.  Jon Stewart was right to make fun of them for
not being able to get anything done in spite of having a larger majority
in the Senate than the Republicans have since something like 1923.

Jim

Post a reply to this message