POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? : Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 04:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 1 Feb 2010 21:34:07
Message: <4b678f1f$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/1/2010 10:15 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I'm pretty fed up with the Democrats right now.  I think I'm voting
> independent next time around.  They control 2 of 3 branches of government
> and *still* can't get anything done.  What a bunch of tossers.

Sadly, it *is* possible to blame the president for a lot of it. There
was a statement made on a blog when he was running, by the blogger that,
"My greatest fear is that he is someone that badly wants to be liked by
everyone, and this will result in him not doing anything if its making
the opposition unhappy.", or something to that general effect. Its not
*precisely* the case, but he is trying to bridge a gap between a
political party that is what the conservatives where, in too many ways,
in the 30-40s, with one whose membership seems to belong to nothing but
evangelical, right wing, churches, or just got off the bus from the
national institute of the insane, which has a special wing set aside for
people who are perpetual liars. What is left of the "core" of the
republicans is being sidelined by the nutcases, the nutcases think
*anything* vaguely liberal is evil, especially if you suggest that the
world isn't run by a religious version of Andrew Ryan from Bioshock, and
his ultra-libertarianism and rampant conspiracy theories, and members of
the Democrats are even turning out, like in the case of Liberman, to be
bloody sleeper agents.

But, they have spent so damn long "compromising" at every turn,
including on their own principles, and moving right of center, that,
without someone willing to stand up and say, "This will stop.", not, "I
really wish, if you would like, hopefully, that you will sort of stop
this, not that you are really doing it.", they can't do anything but
what they did for the last several decades, and compromise everything.

I love that Obama stands up and says that people are being
obstructionists and doing stupid things, especially in the last few
speeches, but he has got to get past the assumption that the people
holding the puppet string in the Republican party give a crap about
being wrong, doing wrong, or fixing problems, unless it helps them
personally.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {