POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? : Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 01:05:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much?
From: gregjohn
Date: 28 Jan 2010 20:45:01
Message: <web.4b623c39e9f0323c34d207310@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Compare the number of lies spread about Obama
> (in comparison to the amount
> of true stories), explained here: ...

An interesting sociological observation that could perhaps be proven with
research is the following.  I've done a lot of browsing on political websites,
and I think that I see a lot more sexual references interspersed into the nasty
things said about Obama than I ever did in reference to Bush.  People may have
disagreed with both for good reason, and mean people may have said nasty things
about both, but this different theme keeps popping up again and again against
Obama.  I think it has to do with racist associations about sexuality, forced or
forbidden.  One of my facebook friends used some of this kind of language in an
update to diss Obama, then a month later (December) asked us to "remember the
reason for the season."  Would like to see (actually, no I wouldn't) what kind
of religious catechism he'd write.