POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? : Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 04:57:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2010 12:15:19
Message: <4b670c27$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:10:21 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> What some people, including me, find so idiotic about this is McCain
> ***ran on*** the idea that we should freeze spending, as a solution to
> the economic problem. Now that Obama is doing it, McCain is whining that
> it doesn't, "Go far enough!".

Yep.  I had a debate with some self-confessed ultra-conservatives who
were railing against Obama for the bank bailout.  I rather pointedly
asked if they would have rather had unemployment skyrocket with all these
banks and auto companies failed so they could be complaining about that
instead.

Not a single one had an answer to that question.

Because truth be told, if Obama had said "let the banks and car companies
fail", they'd have been screaming about that instead, about how Obama was
causing unemployment to skyrocket.

It's a case where there was no way to win.

Of course, now that the Democrats have lost Ted Kennedy's seat in the
Senate, we're pretty hosed; after all, they only have the second largest
majority in 32 years in the Senate, control of the house and the white
house.  With that lack of power, there's no way they'll be able to get
anything passed without giving some serious concessions to the Republican
*-19* vote majority in the Senate.

I'm pretty fed up with the Democrats right now.  I think I'm voting
independent next time around.  They control 2 of 3 branches of government
and *still* can't get anything done.  What a bunch of tossers.

> Seeing the right react to everything done by Democrats, including when
> those things are the very ideas they **themselves** ran on, is like
> watching the two clones running for President on Futurama:

LOL, that is a great one.

Jim