POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Avatar (Message 31 to 40 of 85)
From: Captain Jack
Subject: Re: Avatar
Date: 20 Jan 2010 11:55:46
Message: <4b573592$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b572913$1@news.povray.org...
> Captain Jack wrote:
>> sorts of "movie blood"
>
> And in Psycho, they used chocolate syrup, because the blood didn't look
> bloody enough in black and white.

There's an amazing number of recipes as well as commercial products for it.
Candy glass is another interesting subject for the home brewer.

A fun place to look at the (very) low end of all of that is "Backyard F/X",
a segment of web videos at IndyMogul.com. It's all about how very young,
very amateur people can put together physical effects for cheap. It's pretty
silly, but the guy who runs it seems to have a lot of fun with it, and I
enjoy going there from time to time and checking out what they do. I'm sure
they've got some ideas for aping parts of Avatar by now. You never know...
the next James Cameron may be ten years old at this very moment, making
effects movies and tearing up the neighborhood with his mom's old Hi-8 video
camera. :-D

--
Jack

Post a reply to this message