POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Warp
Date: 22 Jan 2010 04:33:08
Message: <4b5970d4@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
> >>         Agreed. Not an ounce of originality in the story.
> >
> >   I wouldn't say it was *completely* bereft of original ideas. Can you name
> > another movie where people interact with other sentient beings through
> > genetically engineered avatars? (The Matrix doesn't count.)

> No, but there are lots of books and short stories like that. It wasn't
> original - it was just the first *movie* with that, per se.

  Speaking of which, when was the last time you saw a movie which had
something *genuinely* original, something which hadn't been put into any
form of storytelling before (and self-pretentious incomprehensible cheap
art films don't count because that's not storytelling, it's randomness)?

  Every story is always based on what was before. There's rarely anything
truly original and innovative.

  It's the execution that counts.

--
                                                          - Warp