POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Avatar (Message 16 to 25 of 85)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Avatar
Date: 15 Jan 2010 11:04:46
Message: <4b50921e$1@news.povray.org>
Captain Jack wrote:
> I don't know if the current spate of 3D in cinema is going to be a fad or
> not, but I think this movie did a really good job of showing how it can add
> to the performance without being an in-your-face gimmick (well, mostly...).
> I do wish there was some way to create a screen made up of semi-transparent
> layers (or something) so that 3D films could be done without the glasses,
> though.

I predict that every movie will eventually be 3D, whether we want them
to or not.

Personally, Avatar was the first 3D film I saw since Disneyland, and I
wasn't impressed by the technology.  It wasn't any better for showing
movies than watching them on a 2D screen.

Now, if you could walk around inside a 3D movie, /that/ would be cool -
though it would defeat the point of /watching/ a movie :)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message