POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Slime
Date: 16 Jan 2010 05:23:26
Message: <4b51939e$1@news.povray.org>
> IMO, if there was an award for getting DOF right in a CG film, Avatar
> would win it.

There were many points during the movie where objects in the foreground were
blurry because of DoF, and if you tried to focus your eyes on them they
would look like a blurry object.

I don't consider this to be a serious flaw; it's more of an artistic
decision. Non-3D movies have exactly the same problem (focusing your eyes on
an object do not bring it into focus), and I don't think it matters much
more when viewed stereoscopically.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]