POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Endless quest Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Endless quest (Message 30 to 39 of 39)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Draft #1
Date: 19 Jan 2010 12:55:42
Message: <4b55f21e$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:20:39 +0000, Invisible wrote:

>>> Page #2 is important and if I were you. This is where I would add your
>>> knowledge of programming languages. Including PovRay SDL, you never
>>> know ;)
>>
>> I agree, that's a great place to add more detail on programming
>> languages and other hobbies (like maths, crypto, compression, etc).
>
> How do you suggest doing this? List programming as a hobby? Add another
> section heading? I'm not sure what's the best way to do this.

I'd list it as a hobby or under a new heading called something like
"related skills".

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 20 Jan 2010 03:36:56
Message: <4b56c0a8@news.povray.org>
>> How do you suggest doing this? List programming as a hobby? Add another
>> section heading? I'm not sure what's the best way to do this.
>
> I'd list it as a hobby or under a new heading called something like
> "related skills".

Yes, I have a "Skills" section on my CV, with four points (mostly related to
engineering and project management), but the last point is computing, which
includes the obvious MS Office skills, and then I list a few programming
languages and APIs that I am fluent with.  It's not the main point of any
job I am applying for, but I've found it's useful to have in a lot of
situations.

Post a reply to this message