POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Endless quest : Re: Draft #2 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Draft #2
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Jan 2010 19:50:44
Message: <4b60df64$1@news.povray.org>
Looking good.

I still would remove the use of "Etc." - for example, in your list of
programming languages.

I've another friend who's applying for a job; one thing in his CV that
might be useful to add to yours is a "Career Focus" or "Objective"
section at the top.

This is something that would vary depending on the job you were applying
for - in my friend's case, he lists his career focus as "Transferring
ideas into software into sales", and then describes his experience.

He's older than I am and has more experience in his field, so it's pretty
impressive.  It's basically a summary of his skills that relate to his
objective (ie, the job he wants).

In general, using active verbs instead of passive verbs is good - and
you've done well with this.

I would remove "(see next point)" from the second bullet under your
current job responsibilities; they're going to do that naturally. :-)

I might also be inclined to remove "Previously this work was done by an
external contractor." - that's not really relevant to your responsibility
for the database.  I probably wouldn't even say "Took over management of"
but just "Responsible for managing".  But that's a minor tweak.

Jim