POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Should private schools be banned? (Message 127 to 136 of 136)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Should private schools be banned?
Date: 7 Jan 2010 23:12:20
Message: <4b46b0a4$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 20:48:08 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:21:00 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> PovRay Pro ;)
>>
>> Oooooh!  Shiny! :-)
>>

> :)
> or at twice the price + +

oooh, you're rotten, you are! ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jan 2010 16:54:16
Message: <4b47a988@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 7-1-2010 21:49, Stephen wrote:

>> Blender users?
>>
> I think we need a control group that is disjunct (I am also a blender
> user).

First thing that came into my mind

> Photoshop? Probably not.
>
> Or English teachers? Do we have people here that teach English?

We have people here that can hardly spoke it ;)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 11 Jan 2010 06:33:02
Message: <4b4b0c6e$1@news.povray.org>
>  Me having that opinion would be really obnoxious if I were a rich snob,
> but I'm certainly not. I barely make a living.
>
>  But I honestly don't feel any kind of jealousy towards rich people. If
> they
> want to put their kids to expensive private schools, then why not? Does it
> hurt me in any way if they do that? No. Then why should it bother me? It
> doesn't make sense.
>
>  What *would* be unfair is to pass some ridiculous law which would forbid
> them from doing that and instead force those kids to get a lesser
> education,
> just because the majority is jealous of them being rich. *That* would be
> obnoxious, IMO.

I wish more people though like you Warp, IME most people who don't want or
can't get something like to force others to also not have it for no
particular reason.

Post a reply to this message