POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Jan 2010 07:42:58
Message: <4b4b1cd2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Personally I don't see any need for the jealousy, even if private
> schools are banned then the parents will just pay for private tutors or
> give additional teaching themselves, you can't ban that.  In the end a
> bright child with supportive parents will make it just fine through the
> regular school system and into a top University.

I agree. Banning private schools is almost impossible (define "private"
and "school"), and there are plenty of other ways that rich people can
and do give their children a huge advantage.

One thing that I've noticed is that some parents spend lots of time with
their children, talk to them, ask them things, tell them stories, and so
on and so forth. And other parents live with their children but almost
never seem to interact with them in any way, except for yelling at them
to stop smashing things up. One wonders why these parents had children
in the first place, actually... Now obviously, I don't have a shred of
evidence here, but I wonder which group of children does better at
school? I'm guessing it makes a pretty freakin' big difference...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/