POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One step closer to Permutation City Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  One step closer to Permutation City (Message 1 to 10 of 41)
From: Darren New
Subject: One step closer to Permutation City
Date: 14 Dec 2009 12:53:10
Message: <4b267b86$1@news.povray.org>
https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/help/spotrequests.html

I always thought that was a very realistic way of working things.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: One step closer to Permutation City
Date: 15 Dec 2009 07:26:24
Message: <4b278070$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/help/spotrequests.html
>
> I always thought that was a very realistic way of working things.

Permutation City?

This is an interesting move. As I understand it, an Amazon "instance" is
like a virtual machine. So starting and stopping one is quite a lot of
work. Not sure what you'd use a VM that could shut down at any random
second for...

Post a reply to this message