POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Miracle products (Message 31 to 40 of 114)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Let's call Stockholm!
Date: 27 Nov 2009 05:50:00
Message: <web.4b0fae444200a76d6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"TC" <do-not-reply@i-do get-enough-spam-already-2498.com> wrote:
> > It reminds me of Terry Pratchett's "dragon detector" that CMOT Dibbler was
> > selling in "Guards! Guards!" - a piece of wood about as long as your hand.
> >
> > You knew it had detected the dragon when it had burned completely through.
> >
> > Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
>
> But there is a difference between CMOT's dragon detector and this gadget
> (for want of a better word): The dragon detector, while being completely
> useless, will actually to the job.

Although there is always the possibility of false positives if the user gets too
close to fires, ovens, lightning etc.

:)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 27 Nov 2009 06:10:50
Message: <4b0fb3ba$1@news.povray.org>
>> But there is a difference between CMOT's dragon detector and this gadget
>> (for want of a better word): The dragon detector, while being completely
>> useless, will actually to the job.
>
> Although there is always the possibility of false positives if the user gets too
> close to fires, ovens, lightning etc.
>
> :)

A lot of my clothes have labels which contain helpful instructions like
"keep away from fire". That's good advice to anyone, but I'm not sure
why it's written on the label of my jumper... ;-)

Post a reply to this message