POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 27 Nov 2009 15:49:09
Message: <4b103b45$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project
>>
>>   Goes to tell how much influence the so-called "psychics" have had in
>> the
>> world. Some scammers really do.
>
> Looks to me like the government seriously looked into it, concluded it
> was nonesense, and dropped it. Nothing strange about that...

One would wish that they didn't have to "keep" looking into it though.
The same stupid BS being sold in these articles.. was an item "rejected"
after being shown how they didn't work, by the ATF, for the purposes of
looking for drugs in the US. I am serious, some similar half wits in our
own law enforcement agencies *thought* it made sense, and might work,
and where convinced by initial demonstrations. The difference? Over here
they brought in experts on debunking such BS to double check, *before*
spending millions of the stupid things, and even then, it wasn't someone
else that brought them in, not the people who original sought the
original "demonstration", from the con artists selling them.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();