POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Operation downfall (Message 91 to 100 of 244)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Operation downfall
Date: 19 Nov 2009 20:23:37
Message: <4b05ef99@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:57:27 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Fortunately, such behaviour is illegal. Unfortunately, laws do not apply
> to Microsoft.

Except they do apply to Microsoft, as Scott says, they paid the EU a
bunch of money for antitrust violations, and they've been fined in the US
for anticompetitive behaviour (and have had restrictions placed on what
they can and cannot do as regards exclusivity arrangements with OEMs, for
example).

Jim

Post a reply to this message