POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Nov 2009 05:24:58
Message: <4b066e7a$1@news.povray.org>
>>> But it could be useful to another employer :-P
>>
>> Hey, if you know of such an employer who's actually hiring, let me
>> know! ;-)
>
> I don't think any employer exists that is advertising the perfect job
> that exactly matches what you want to do with no mention of anything
> that you remotely dislike...

I agree.

My point is actually this: I know about data compression, cryptology,
DSP, complex numbers, statistics, logic circuits, numerical integration,
sound synthesis, differential calculus, functional programming, data
structures and algorithms... I could go on. Now, who *the hell* is going
to care about any of these things?

> It seems to me that out of the thousands of IT jobs being advertised,
> you actually prefer the job you have at the moment.

Heh, if only I could *find* thousands of IT jobs! :-P

Actually, I've been thinking about this one. Maybe I'm setting my sights
too high. Maybe I just need to accept that nobody is ever going to pay
me to write computer programs, and start looking for boring sysadmin
jobs instead... Those surely have drastically greater availability, and
at least I can claim to have real, relevant commercial experience.