POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Nov 2009 20:25:42
Message: <4b05f016$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:11:46 -0400, Saul Luizaga wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I'm not sure I follow....
>
> I mean, real-life based TV/movies trial cases show, in a dramatized way,
> how things happened to some people, the abuse, the trial and the output
> of the trial. Of course is not any guarantee that things will go that
> way.

I see what you're saying, but the time compression that takes place
really does make it an unrealistic demonstration of how the system
works.  I spot things in Law & Order routinely that I can see (without
any real legal training) wouldn't hold up in a real court - which means
the outcome might be different in the real world.

I think it's a mistake to take anything on TV as representative of the
real world.....if one wants to know how things work in the real world,
the real world is the best reference - get some time in a courtroom as an
observer - at least in the US, for most cases, it's perfectly legal to
sit in and watch the proceedings as an observer.

Jim