POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modern Linux desktops suck Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Modern Linux desktops suck (Message 28 to 37 of 127)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Subject: Re: Modern Linux desktops suck
Date: 17 Nov 2009 13:59:13
Message: <4b02f281@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> waiting for the "Blender sucks" daily povray newsgroups bash tomorrow.

Diff'rent strokes... For me personally, I quickly get irritated whenever I
have to do something in XP (like use Moray - I simply can't get it going
well under wine) and I have to leave the happy cocoon of KDE 4 for a few
moments.

XP, 7 or Vista feels dated and slow. Granted, that is in standard "as
installed" versions, with no tweaks or additional apps. I find KDE much
better and faster on Fedora 11.
--
Stefan Viljoen

Post a reply to this message