POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:25 EDT (-0400)
  Swell. (Message 71 to 80 of 312)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Swell.
Date: 9 Nov 2009 19:27:08
Message: <4af8b35c$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:33:21 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> ...yeah, shopping online tends to be cheaper. Quality is another matter,
> of course.

Buy from reputable dealers, and quality isn't an issue.  I've bought PCs
and components from local shops who then wouldn't stand behind their
products (a power supply that was defective literally burned the
insulation off the wires and the retailer wouldn't make it right), and
I've had online shops that replaced products that weren't up to spec (had
a cable company that replaced a defective *and* incorrectly shipped
svideo cable to me - and they didn't bother having me send the wrong
cable back to them).

I've never had bad luck buying from someone like Newegg, buy.com, or
Costco online.

Jim

Post a reply to this message