POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Largest POV image? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Largest POV image? (Message 1 to 10 of 56)
From: TC
Subject: Largest POV image?
Date: 22 Oct 2009 05:10:02
Message: <4ae0216a@news.povray.org>
Hi, there!

I wonder how large a povray rendered image can be?

While 1280x1024 fits on an A4-page nicely at 150 dpi, what about renders at
higher resolutions? What are the limits?

What is the largest image you have rendered and how long did it take?

Post a reply to this message

> What is the largest image you have rendered and how long did it take?

I've rendered stuff for Zazzle at silly resolutions. (It takes a *long*
time with a 32-bit CPU.)

Let me go check... Yeah, that was 8,000 x 6,000 pixels.

Post a reply to this message