POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hopido Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Hopido (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Hopido
Date: 9 Oct 2009 11:36:08
Message: <4acf5868@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   It's not "my" revenue flow. I don't own that game, I just programmed it.
> The company I work for owns it. I just get paid for my work.

Presumably this means if the game is an utter failure, you still get
paid. And if the game is ludicrously successful, you don't get paid any
extra... ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 10 Oct 2009 00:02:22
Message: <4ad0074e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I'm not sure it's completely appropriate to advertise a commercial game
> here, but at least it's one of those really cheap iPhone games:
>
>   http://www.hopido.com/
>
>   What's so special about this game in question? Well, it's completely
> programmed by yours truly... :P
>
>   (Just the program code, of course. I'm not even nearly such a good
> graphics artist or musician.)

Nice, but why iPhone exclusive?  You're selling a $1 game exclusively to
those who pay $200 for decent hardware and $70 a month for poor service.
  I never understood that model.

Anyway, I'd like to try it just to give you a boost, but I'm unable to
afford electronics from Apple at the moment.  Too much other debt to pay
off :(

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message