POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My chickens and the cost of cheap food Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  My chickens and the cost of cheap food (Message 11 to 20 of 27)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Subject: Re: My chickens and the cost of cheap food
Date: 7 Oct 2009 13:51:17
Message: <4accd515@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

> Where were you located again?  :-)

Mid-Michigan, north of Lansing.  Saint Johns area, to be more precise.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 7 Oct 2009 14:32:49
Message: <4accded1$1@news.povray.org>
>> Where were you located again?  :-)
>
> Mid-Michigan, north of Lansing.  Saint Johns area, to be more precise.

Ooo, viral advertising. Clever...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 7 Oct 2009 14:58:12
Message: <e5ppc593oa06goie2b9lenis2sg3pms2up@4ax.com>
On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:01:17 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Well, I don't know. I'm not convinced that one slab of chicken breast
>tastes any different to another. Then again, if I cook a chicken breast,
>I usually fry it and then dust it with pepper and paprika, so what do I
>know?

A few years ago when I moved to an area of London that has a large
"Iranian/Iraqi" population. I started buying Halal meat including chicken. What
a difference in taste (just like the meat I remember from before battery
production) :D When you cook it you can see very little water that comes out of
the chicken. Unfortunately it is quite a poor area and the choice of meat cuts
is not very good but they are very tasty.

Well done Jeremy.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 13:55:33 -0400, Jeremy \"UncleHoot\" Praay wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>>
>> Where were you located again?  :-)
>
> Mid-Michigan, north of Lansing.  Saint Johns area, to be more precise.

Not near enough, then, but in the same country.  If I happened to be in
your area, I'd be interested in trying some of your chicken. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message