POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 4096 pixel challenge! [image attached] Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  4096 pixel challenge! [image attached] (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: 4096 pixel challenge! [image attached]
Date: 6 Oct 2009 00:14:24
Message: <4acac420@news.povray.org>
Inspired by Mike Raiford's keen eye in spotting the povray image used
for an image on cracked.com, I thought it would be fun to make a quiz
out of the idea.

I've taken 20 different povray images and clipped out a 64x64 pixel
square from each.  The challenge is to identify which image each square
came form.  Most of the images are reasonably well known, but I threw a
few tougher ones in there just to be a jerk.

Since you could pretty easily solve most of these just by browsing
though the hall of fame or the irtc, try to solve them first without
looking anything up.  If you can't remember the name of the artist or
image a good description of what the full image looks like works too.

If I left out your favorite image or you think that 64x64 makes the
challenge way too tough please feel free to post another such quiz --
particularly since I'd like to try my hand at solving one which I didn't
design :)

Bonus Questions:

A) What special about image #16

B) Images #8 and #10 both have a pov-newsgroup related backstory behind
them.  What are these backstories?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '4096_pixel_challenge_pt1.jpg' (46 KB)

Preview of image '4096_pixel_challenge_pt1.jpg'
4096_pixel_challenge_pt1.jpg