POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 4096 pixel challenge! [image attached] : Re: 4096 pixel challenge! [image attached] (** SPOILER **) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4096 pixel challenge! [image attached] (** SPOILER **)
From: clipka
Date: 6 Oct 2009 02:15:53
Message: <4acae099$1@news.povray.org>
Let's see...

#11 appears to be from the scene that became POV-Ray 3.6's splash screen.

#3 is that shot showing your RGB pixels in close-up (including the
people living there... SIMs, maybe?)

#4 must be "the wet bird" or whatever it's called... Giles Tran IIRC.

#16 is what became POV-Ray 3.7's splash screen.

 From here, things start getting difficult, but not impossible yet:

#10 is the infamous AWSOME (sic!) ROLEX (good choice, jerk :-)).
Background story in short: Epic FAIL of some guy trying to impress the
POV-Ray community.

#7 is called "the preacher" IIRC - a seagull perched on a giant stone
egg, surrounded by more seagulls.

#20 is probably that "Pearl Harbor" shot.

Unfortunately, that's about as far as I get without serious guessing.

#15 reminds me of a cellular-automaton-generated render, but I'm a bit
in doubt.

#8 reminds me of a shot from the recent IRTC test round, showing a
deteriorated RSOP as well as a much larger, greebled sphere; that shot
in turn reminded me of an ingenious "RSOP WIP" shot with scaffolding and
stuff posted in the p.b.i some while ago.

#5 reminds me of a shot by (I guess) Giles Tran, set in a futuristic
world with some robot police drones flying around, and some presumably
homeless drunkard trying to hide from them.

#6 reminds me of "Innocent Shadow", though I'm not sure whether the
angle of the bricks is really fitting.

#9 is probably from a shot titled something like "<WhatsHerName>'s
World" - a shot strongly remniscient of Antoine de Sainte-Exupery's 'Le
Petit Prince'. If you know the shot and Exupery's sketches for his book,
you know what I mean...

As for #1, #2, #12, #13, #14, #17, #18 and #19, I'm quite lost...

There. Now I'm going to check the Hall of Fame...