POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Search Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Microsoft Search (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Darren New
Subject: Microsoft Search
Date: 27 Sep 2009 13:53:15
Message: <4abfa68b$1@news.povray.org>
I must say, I can't for the life of me figure out why Microsoft desktop file
search stuff all *SUCKS* so bad.

They've got the USN to tell them every file that changes. They have a flag
to say whether you want the file indexed, or any files in the entire
directory or file system.

Yet they still manage to read every single file, changed or not, indexable
or not. Apparently they read and index every file, and just don't *keep* the
results for the files you say not to index.  Say what?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)