POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Search : Re: Microsoft Search Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft Search
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 27 Sep 2009 16:32:01
Message: <4abfcbc1@news.povray.org>
I've always thought that searching the filesystem == you should learn to
organise your files better.

About the only valid use for searching is to search the Internet. It's
not managed by a single person or entity, it's vast, and so it's
infeasible to find stuff on it "manually". A search engine is a valid
solution to this problem. I think anywhere else, the need for a search
engine indicates that you are organising things poorly.

Having just said that, I do occasionally wish there were some way to
search through newsgroup postings.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/