POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you think... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Do you think... (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Do you think...
Date: 27 Sep 2009 09:05:03
Message: <4abf62ff$1@news.povray.org>
That some of the recent updates to Win XP are designed to make it run
slower and to be even more of a resource hog, in order to make Win XP
users more accepting of Vista?

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Do you think...
Date: 27 Sep 2009 10:19:42
Message: <4abf747e@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> That some of the recent updates to Win XP are designed to make it run
> slower and to be even more of a resource hog, in order to make Win XP
> users more accepting of Vista?

  I have noticed Firefox getting into some kind of allocation loop with
some webpages, rendering it irresponsive (even to attempts of killing it).
I don't know if this is caused by a bug in Firefox itself (which presents
itself only in the Windows version, not the Linux version), or if Microsoft
has done something nasty behind the scenes. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> That some of the recent updates to Win XP are designed to make it run
> slower and to be even more of a resource hog, in order to make Win XP
> users more accepting of Vista?

I have noticed I can no longer mount Vista drives on XP with "net use".
There's a patch for the Server OSes but not for XP.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)