POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you think... : Re: Do you think... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you think...
From: Warp
Date: 27 Sep 2009 10:19:42
Message: <4abf747e@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> That some of the recent updates to Win XP are designed to make it run
> slower and to be even more of a resource hog, in order to make Win XP
> users more accepting of Vista?

  I have noticed Firefox getting into some kind of allocation loop with
some webpages, rendering it irresponsive (even to attempts of killing it).
I don't know if this is caused by a bug in Firefox itself (which presents
itself only in the Windows version, not the Linux version), or if Microsoft
has done something nasty behind the scenes. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

--
                                                          - Warp