POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you think... : Re: Do you think... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you think...
From: Warp
Date: 27 Sep 2009 12:59:03
Message: <4abf99d7@news.povray.org>
> John VanSickle wrote:
> > That some of the recent updates to Win XP are designed to make it run
> > slower and to be even more of a resource hog, in order to make Win XP
> > users more accepting of Vista?

> I have noticed I can no longer mount Vista drives on XP with "net use".
> There's a patch for the Server OSes but not for XP.

  I wonder how legal would it be for Microsoft to boycott its own product
in order to promote a new version of it.

  (And before anyone answers with a "it's their product, they can do
whatever they like with it", that's definitely not always the case. See
for example the European Union vs. Microsoft on their product called
"Internet Explorer", or the European Union vs. Apple on their product
called "iPod". Just because some company owns a product doesn't mean
they can do whatever they like with it.)

--
                                                          - Warp