POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you think... : Re: Do you think... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you think...
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Sep 2009 13:36:03
Message: <4abfa283@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   (And before anyone answers with a "it's their product, they can do
> whatever they like with it", that's definitely not always the case.

Well, technically, I'm sure any country could pass a law saying some group
of people has to do something.

However, I'm pretty sure the EU's rules are more like "you're not allowed to
sell the iPod unless you change it to do X."  I wouldn't think there's any
way for the EU to say "you must sell iPods here."

Now, they *could* say "You're not allowed to sell Vista if you don't support
XP."

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)