POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encouraging "Art" in your child Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Encouraging "Art" in your child (Message 21 to 30 of 36)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child
Date: 24 Sep 2009 19:46:51
Message: <4abc04eb$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
> The way I see it, anime/manga is her starting point.  I'd like to open up
> the rest of the world from that point.  Who knows, in 10 years, manga-style
> illustration may be huge in the US.

Actually, it already is.  It is *incredibly* popular among
starting-artists, and correspondingly sneered at by Fine Arts people due
to that popularity and the excess of really bad drawings made by the
boatload by said starting-artists.  However, refined works that show a
bit more effort and development are often just as appealing as things
drawn by established big-name illustrators.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message