POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encouraging "Art" in your child : Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 25 Sep 2009 10:52:46
Message: <4abcd93e$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/24/09 21:39, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> 	I'd say not to draw too many conclusions. There are far too many
>> variables. I know places where that would be horrible advice (mostly
>> some third world countries).
>
> Which isn't exactly where Andy is, is it? ;-)

	Which is why I said "mostly". Even developed countries may have really
silly policies where this may not be a great idea.

	In the US, things are _very_ flexible. You could try one thing, and if
you give up/fail, there are lots of other opportunities. You could start
university at 30+ easily.

	In a number of countries (including, I'm sure, some developed ones),
you have to pick a path while fairly young (16-22), and beyond that age,
the opportunities in doing something else drop exponentially. A lot of
places don't let you go to university at age 30, and the few that do are
of significantly lower standards (often designed to view 30  year olds
who haven't gone to college as being dim).

	I don't know if the UK is like that, though.

--
Would the capacity of a Palaeozoic Hard Dive be measured in Trilobites?