POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encouraging "Art" in your child : Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child
From: triple r
Date: 25 Sep 2009 00:30:00
Message: <web.4abc46e9b1bc4d7f958421d50@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy \"UncleHoot\" Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote:
> I just don't want to ever feel like I'm
> "pushing" her in one direction or another, but simply giving her some
> parental guidance.

You've got the right mindset.  Just give here the materials and opportunity to
get involved in what she wants to do.  If the motivation isn't there already it
won't happen, and if it is, you just have to show an interest and make it
possible.  My parents always cheered/cheer for me, but make it clear they don't
care whether I win or not, or whether I do something else entirely.

 - Ricky