POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encouraging "Art" in your child : Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 25 Sep 2009 09:27:16
Message: <4abcc534$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

> Also, ABe Yoshitoshi's art is pretty neurotic...the needed mindset to
> really draw like that might not be where you want your daughter to go.

I love this picture:
http://injongi.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/1175335868891.jpg

10 years ago, I would have looked down my nose at pretty much all
manga/anime.  Then my daughter decided "Spirited Away" looked like a neat
movie to watch, and I'd read about it on Slashdot, so I bought it.  We have
different tastes (we should!), but both of us have developed an interest.
Plus, we're both Japanophiles now.  ;-)