POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I can't decide which is most awesome Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  I can't decide which is most awesome (Message 1 to 10 of 50)
From: Darren New
Subject: I can't decide which is most awesome
Date: 17 Sep 2009 17:15:11
Message: <4ab2a6df$1@news.povray.org>
Hubble deep field image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgg2tpUVbXQ

The fact that we know stuff like this, and how it looks
http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/anim_innerlife.html

That we can photograph individual atoms and electrons
http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/2009/09/electron_clouds_seeing_is_beli.html
http://gizmodo.com/5346964/ibm-takes-first-3d-image-of-atomic-bonds

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: triple r
Subject: Re: I can't decide which is most awesome
Date: 17 Sep 2009 22:35:01
Message: <web.4ab2f119d4438c24958421d50@news.povray.org>
> Hubble deep field image
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgg2tpUVbXQ
>
> The fact that we know stuff like this, and how it looks
> http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/anim_innerlife.html
>
> That we can photograph individual atoms and electrons

http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/2009/09/electron_clouds_seeing_is_beli.html
> http://gizmodo.com/5346964/ibm-takes-first-3d-image-of-atomic-bonds

They're all pretty incredible.  I'm most interested in 1, 3, and 4, but I don't
think you can rank them, since any ranking would only reflect your personal
interests.  That said, I also found this pretty incredible (46a/08):

http://www.eso.org/public/outreach/press-rel/pr-2008/phot-46-08.html

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

It seems the video links have gone bad.  How about this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hmv-6qLM8Y

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message