POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I can't decide which is most awesome : Re: I can't decide which is most awesome Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I can't decide which is most awesome
From: nemesis
Date: 18 Sep 2009 01:05:00
Message: <web.4ab314a7d4438c2477a293f20@news.povray.org>

http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/2009/09/electron_clouds_seeing_is_beli.html
> http://gizmodo.com/5346964/ibm-takes-first-3d-image-of-atomic-bonds

Let's face it, while Hubble kicks much ass, it's pretty much just a huge,
close-to-perfect lens.  In other words, a device to form images by capturing
light and expanding it.  Not nearly as awesome as a device to measure particles
much smaller than lightwaves and translate those measurements into images... :D