POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I can't decide which is most awesome : Re: I can't decide which is most awesome Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I can't decide which is most awesome
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Sep 2009 12:21:33
Message: <4ab3b38d$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:
> They're all pretty incredible.  I'm most interested in 1, 3, and 4, but I don't
> think you can rank them, since any ranking would only reflect your personal
> interests.

Well sure.  #2 amazes me not so much because that's how it works (altho
that's pretty awesome), but that we can figure out how it works, and what it
looks like. It's not like you can actually see it going. You have to have
enough theory to deduce this by (say) mixing chemicals together and seeing
what color they turn, and stuff like that.

> http://www.eso.org/public/outreach/press-rel/pr-2008/phot-46-08.html

I'm pretty amazed it only takes 16 years to watch long enough to see
something orbiting the galaxy. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)