POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wacom tablet Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Wacom tablet (Message 21 to 30 of 44)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Wacom tablet
Date: 20 Sep 2009 05:43:58
Message: <3mtbb592c48o1l3l2ovb3cnkn7i0g1fugj@4ax.com>
On 20 Sep 2009 05:31:32 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>> Never heard of that before. Did you get it working?
>
>Nope.  Gotta have it towed to the dealer, probably to replace the
>ignition switch cylinder.  The car is 10 years old, and things wear out.
>But I can't have that looked at by the dealer until Monday.

Bummer :(

>> The only time work keeps me awake was when I worked offshore or when I
>> couldn't find any. :(
>
>There are days I wish I could just switch my mind off; today's one of
>those days.  Trying to explain what I see as a bad decision to people who
>have authority but only a few years' experience with the company's
>history (compared to 20+ years for me in various capacities - customer,
>employee, and shareholder - though arguably not many shares, but enough
>to understand that the decision is bad for my share value) in a way that
>gets me listened to and doesn't make it personal is not easy.

I see the problem but can't advise as that is not the sort of thing I'm good at.
I am good at saying "you should have listened to me." :-)

I've got a problem at my new job with authorities and user profiles. I'm
supposed to be copying the configuration of a SAP system to an upgraded system
(4.7 to ERP6). Besides the security clearance which will take at least another
week and the guy that I am replacing leaving on Tuesday. The access level
supplied (in a copy of the production system) is that of a technician who can
only create work orders but not process them. So how on earth can I see that
happens when I step through the processes to configure them similarly? I might
not last long ;-)

Anyway night, night :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:43:49 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2009 05:31:32 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>

>>> Never heard of that before. Did you get it working?
>>
>>Nope.  Gotta have it towed to the dealer, probably to replace the
>>ignition switch cylinder.  The car is 10 years old, and things wear out.
>>But I can't have that looked at by the dealer until Monday.
>>
> Bummer :(

Yeah.  Having done a little research online, looks like the part is about
$75 and should take less than an hour to replace, complete with
rekeying.  But if the dealership doesn't have the part, I may not be able
to drive to the office on Weds (and I need to do that).

>>> The only time work keeps me awake was when I worked offshore or when I
>>> couldn't find any. :(
>>
>>There are days I wish I could just switch my mind off; today's one of
>>those days.  Trying to explain what I see as a bad decision to people
>>who have authority but only a few years' experience with the company's
>>history (compared to 20+ years for me in various capacities - customer,
>>employee, and shareholder - though arguably not many shares, but enough
>>to understand that the decision is bad for my share value) in a way that
>>gets me listened to and doesn't make it personal is not easy.
>>

> I see the problem but can't advise as that is not the sort of thing I'm
> good at. I am good at saying "you should have listened to me." :-)

Historically I've been quite good at that as well, but I'm trying to
translate that skill to a more proactive (and hopefully thus *useful*)
place.  The good news is that after one round of e-mails with two of our
top execs, I still have a job.  I must've done something right. ;-)

> I've got a problem at my new job with authorities and user profiles. I'm
> supposed to be copying the configuration of a SAP system to an upgraded
> system (4.7 to ERP6). Besides the security clearance which will take at
> least another week and the guy that I am replacing leaving on Tuesday.
> The access level supplied (in a copy of the production system) is that
> of a technician who can only create work orders but not process them. So
> how on earth can I see that happens when I step through the processes to
> configure them similarly? I might not last long ;-)

Ouch.  Security clearances are almost always a problem, aren't they?

> Anyway night, night :)

Eventually, 4 AM here now.

Jim

Post a reply to this message