POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wacom tablet : Re: Wacom tablet Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wacom tablet
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Sep 2009 05:43:58
Message: <3mtbb592c48o1l3l2ovb3cnkn7i0g1fugj@4ax.com>
On 20 Sep 2009 05:31:32 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>> Never heard of that before. Did you get it working?
>
>Nope.  Gotta have it towed to the dealer, probably to replace the
>ignition switch cylinder.  The car is 10 years old, and things wear out.
>But I can't have that looked at by the dealer until Monday.

Bummer :(

>> The only time work keeps me awake was when I worked offshore or when I
>> couldn't find any. :(
>
>There are days I wish I could just switch my mind off; today's one of
>those days.  Trying to explain what I see as a bad decision to people who
>have authority but only a few years' experience with the company's
>history (compared to 20+ years for me in various capacities - customer,
>employee, and shareholder - though arguably not many shares, but enough
>to understand that the decision is bad for my share value) in a way that
>gets me listened to and doesn't make it personal is not easy.

I see the problem but can't advise as that is not the sort of thing I'm good at.
I am good at saying "you should have listened to me." :-)

I've got a problem at my new job with authorities and user profiles. I'm
supposed to be copying the configuration of a SAP system to an upgraded system
(4.7 to ERP6). Besides the security clearance which will take at least another
week and the guy that I am replacing leaving on Tuesday. The access level
supplied (in a copy of the production system) is that of a technician who can
only create work orders but not process them. So how on earth can I see that
happens when I step through the processes to configure them similarly? I might
not last long ;-)

Anyway night, night :)
--

Regards