POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wacom tablet : Re: Wacom tablet Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wacom tablet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Sep 2009 07:53:40
Message: <4ab617c4@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:04:10 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2009 06:15:14 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>> Bummer :(
>>
>>Yeah.  Having done a little research online, looks like the part is
>>about $75 and should take less than an hour to replace, complete with
>>rekeying.  But if the dealership doesn't have the part, I may not be
>>able to drive to the office on Weds (and I need to do that).
>>

> That's one of the advantage of living in a big city :D

Indeed.  I might go down to the auto parts store today and see if they
have what I need and can walk me through the installation.

>>> I see the problem but can't advise as that is not the sort of thing
>>> I'm good at. I am good at saying "you should have listened to me." :-)
>>
>>Historically I've been quite good at that as well, but I'm trying to
>>translate that skill to a more proactive (and hopefully thus *useful*)
>>place.  The good news is that after one round of e-mails with two of our
>>top execs, I still have a job.  I must've done something right. ;-)
>>

> If no one speaks out … :)

Exactly what I thought.

>>Ouch.  Security clearances are almost always a problem, aren't they?
>>

> No, this is only the second job that I've had to have clearance.
> Normally I get the authority I need just by asking. If my security
> clearance isn't high enough to be given the knowledge to understand the
> processes then they should either be raised or the company should get
> someone who has the clearance. It is not as if I would ever work in the
> Middle East, anyway.

Well, yeah, same thing here as well (I had to have a background security
check before being employed by Novell since we deal with export-
controlled software), but I meant that getting them when needed tends to
be a problem.  And of course getting turned down can be a severe career
limiting move, since that shows up in the next background check....

>>> Anyway night, night :)
>>
>>Eventually, 4 AM here now.
>
> Tomorrow's Sunday, no work. :)

Heh, I wish.  I seem to be saying that a lot today.  Gathering statistics
and my thoughts for a discussion this coming week.  Finally starting to
get tired, almost 6 AM now...

Jim