POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wacom tablet : Re: Wacom tablet Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wacom tablet
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Sep 2009 07:04:19
Message: <if2cb5li293cj7mtj6h42cvi2upspbqhip@4ax.com>
On 20 Sep 2009 06:15:14 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>> Bummer :(
>
>Yeah.  Having done a little research online, looks like the part is about
>$75 and should take less than an hour to replace, complete with
>rekeying.  But if the dealership doesn't have the part, I may not be able
>to drive to the office on Weds (and I need to do that).

That's one of the advantage of living in a big city :D

>> I see the problem but can't advise as that is not the sort of thing I'm
>> good at. I am good at saying "you should have listened to me." :-)
>
>Historically I've been quite good at that as well, but I'm trying to
>translate that skill to a more proactive (and hopefully thus *useful*)
>place.  The good news is that after one round of e-mails with two of our
>top execs, I still have a job.  I must've done something right. ;-)
>

>Ouch.  Security clearances are almost always a problem, aren't they?

No, this is only the second job that I've had to have clearance. Normally I get
the authority I need just by asking. If my security clearance isn't high enough
to be given the knowledge to understand the processes then they should either be
raised or the company should get someone who has the clearance. It is not as if
I would ever work in the Middle East, anyway.

>> Anyway night, night :)
>
>Eventually, 4 AM here now.

Tomorrow's Sunday, no work. :)
--