POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Insight? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Insight? (Message 11 to 20 of 40)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Insight?
Date: 14 Sep 2009 11:05:05
Message: <4aae5ba1$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Talking to oneself is generally the first sign of insanity.
>>
>> ...or just having really, really few other people to talk to?
>
> I wonder whether there's any difference.

You're not mixing up cause and effect now, are you? :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 14 Sep 2009 11:30:23
Message: <4aae618f$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> (Although it does have hot-swap bays and a few
> percent higher clock speed.)

I would like to remind all advertisers that "hot-swap" does not mean "you
don't have to unrack the server to change the drive."   Thank you.

> I have no idea who the hell needs 144GB of RAM, but I'm not one of them

People holding the entire database in RAM.

> Also interesting is that the HP stuff tends to give you by far the most
> bang for your buck.

On the occasions that it works, yes. Until it falls apart.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)